Saturday 15 December 2012

Girl on Fire!!

Hello Everyone,
             This is my first official post, I was trying to personalize my page with a few changes but it was hard manoeuvring this site for the first time. Anyway I am excited to be communicating to everyone through this channel. I thought about my first post for a while wondering what to bring to you first. Well I was on my way to work and suddenly Alicia Keys "Girl on fire" came on the radio, this song puts me in such a great mood. I feel fierce, powerful, unstoppable and a little superhuman lololol.
This is when I decided that my first post should be about celebrating the girls on fire around the world. I know alot of women that despite the odds rose above their circumstances and they are burning it down!!! I am constantly reminded everyday by these empowering women that it is possible to reach higher and be stronger and aspire for greater.
I find that these fascinating women even though they are so strong, they are equally so sensitive, considerate, encouraging and supportive. As women it is high time we celebrate each other and not seek to rise above by tearing down another. I am happy for all the women on fire around the world and I applaud you guys.
In an interview with Oprah, I heard Ms. Kerry Washington spoke about the time when women will put away this idea of forever competition and understand that if one woman has walked an uncharted territory we must celebrate her because she has paved the way for others and has made that way no longer the unachievable, unreachable or unthinkable. I was so moved by this statement I had to share it with you all. I know for all the women on fire out there you Rock!!! I have decided to have a monthly girl on fire, just as a source of inspiration for not just me but hopefully for you guys as well when you learn their stories. I look forward to my next post, I will connect with you guys soon.

xoxo
Debra.

No comments:

Post a Comment