Thursday 27 December 2012

FOOD, FASHION AND FUN, HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!!!

Hello Everyone,
                First let me say happy holidays to you all, whatever you celebrated this season I hope it brought peace into your heart and the joy everyone gets spending time with family. I have been busy spending time with my own family and so I haven't posted anything in a few days. There are alot of things on my agenda so lets begin with my most exciting adventure this Christmas season:

1) FINE DINING JAMAICAN RESTAURANT  FINALLY I AM SO PROUD :)
So, my girlfriends and I decided to get together before Christmas and exchange gifts over dinner. My friend did some research and found a Jamaican fine dining restaurant in Brampton called One Fourteen Caribbean Cuisine. I must admit I was a bit skeptical, I was worried about false advertising and getting my hopes up only to be disappointed. I have always wondered why every other culture has a fine dining restaurant in Brampton except Jamaicans?All we have is some dirty shops with mostly no debit machines and no customer service. I was praying this was the answer to my prayers and guys it was!!!!!!! The setting is very classy and cosy and it 's smacked at the corner of Queen and Dixie in a nice plaza.

The owner first of all met us at the door with a smile and a welcome message, the seating was comfortable, our waitress came right over and served us with a smile and the food ladies and gents was Amazeballs!!!! I was completely blown away, it was a breath of fresh air in Brampton. All my expectations were met and I was very proud to tell people and recommend this place to anyone. The owners are really down to earth and very approachable and they made sure we were all pleased with our dinner. I had gungo peas soup as my starter, oxtail and rice for dinner and pineapple coconut cheese cake for dessert.

2) HOLIDAY EVENTS
I spent my holiday with my dad and my siblings for Christmas dinner and had a boxing day dinner at my home with a couple of my friends. I had so much fun!!! My high school friends were there Jhen Jhen, Nicole and her husband, my new bff April and her boyfriend who is also my cousin Dezon, and my room mates Stacy and Les. We danced and drank wine and played dominos lolol!!! It was truly a blessing and a great time with them.



 
3) REVIEW OF DJANGO UNCHAINED
So, after all that, I managed to go see Django Unchained this week. My personal review of the film is that as a fan of Quentin Tarantino it lived up to my expectations of the gory, blood bath. The characters were amazing, I liked the fact that it was a movie about slavery but it didn't leave me sad and pondering about slavery after. It was witty, humorous and heroic. I thought Samuel L. Jackson did an amazing job along with Leonardo Dicaprio and Kerry Washington. Jamie Foxx was also great however I found that for the first hour of the film is character was not believable for me, I didn't see him transform into the slave, I didn't see fear in his eyes. I began to believe when his love interest Broomhilda came into the story and I believed the love. It is a very good movie for the holidays and I enjoyed it very much. I would recommend everyone to go see it should you decide to go to the movies. I am going to see Lincoln and Silver Lining's Playbook this weekend and I will give my reviews on those as well. I will also be doing 2012 the year in review and I am searching for my Girl on Fire for January. Have a wonderful weekend Guys, I hope you get loads of rest this holiday season.
 
 
xoxo
Debra

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Deb Deb.. Proud of you and your dedication!! -A

    ReplyDelete