Saturday 23 February 2013

HEART CLEANSING..............................

Hello Everyone,
                     I know it has been a while since I have posted anything, life has been a bit busy but I am glad to be back and I am heart cleansing today. So, recently I took a trip to the U.S for our Family day weekend, I took the bus, the journey was long but the sight seeing was beautiful. As I sat there I began thinking about all the things that are in my heart that I needed to let go of, all the people in my heart that their chapter needed to be closed.

As I listened to Carrie Underwood "Blown away", it dawned on me that the things and people I hold on to, represents something significant to me, and I have a fear that letting go means I can no longer identify with that part of myself, so essentially this is my need to feel "the same or connected." People come to us from all walks of life, they are here for a reason and a season, it sounds cliche but it is true. Truth is, there comes a point when our heart strings are so attached to the seasonal people in our lives we begin to identify our lives, our existence with them and without it, that part of us we often wonder where does it go? Is it ok to let it go?

All these thoughts were racing through my head and for some reason I was a bit sad. I could think of a few heart strings that breaking the cord would hurt but there season has passed. I knew that their existence was no longer relevant to who I am today, but keeping them around makes me feel connected to that life when I was with them and makes me feel like me. In my heart I knew the right thing to do was to let go.

I decided to do some heart cleansing, I had to let go of the people in my life that I knew were seasonal and their time as ended. It is time to let the past stay there and look towards the future, live in the present. It is great to take the lessons we learnt and move forward. It is always hard to let go of our comfort zone. It is hard to move away from something that has always been present in our lives.

There comes a point when we have to do some heart cleansing and let the safety net go, I know for many safety nets and comfort zones are constant because of a past scars that has caused our heart to close up to new possibilities, we get scared because matters of the heart makes us vulnerable. In all this experience we have created this one safety net in our lives someone you can turn to and lean on whenever the unexpected happens.

Sometimes the heart needs a good cleansing for something great to happen, easier said than done right?!! It was never easy for me, in fact I am still a work in progress with this one, but I feel like we all need to let go sometimes in order to regain, it might be a person, a thing, a bad deed, a hurtful scar,it might be whatever you have bottled up in that heart, at first it is hard to go back to that place and it is sad but the heart needs to cleanse to heal.

Cleanse your heart, cleanse your life.....................

xoxo
Debra



No comments:

Post a Comment