Sunday 1 September 2013

SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE.........YAYYYYYYYY

Hellllllllllllllllllllllo World,
                              It has been a while, yes it has been too long but I am back at the best time of the year and in the best month of the year!! Virgos Rule!!! I hope you are all doing great, I hope you enjoyed the  summer because in my world it is done like dinner lolol. A massive massive thank you for all your emails, facebook messages asking about the blog. I had a month break from school and I used that time to break from everything else, I did nothing except work and more work and used my free time to relax, it was amazing.

Well the vacay is over and it is back to school for me and all the students out there, I pray you all have a productive school year. I know I intend to have an excellent school year striving for all A s this semester. What I always use as my motivation for school besides the fact that I am paying for it myself is that
1. No one's abilities are greater than mine,
2. No one is smarter than I am,
3.If they got a better grade it is because they invested more time than I did and was more disciplined than I was.

I know there are many nights that I would rather be sleeping, watching television, or just doing nothing but I always recite the last 4 lines of this poem. For all of my readers, if you went to school in the Caribbean you should know this:

"We have not wings, we cannot soar;
But we have feet to scale and climb
By slow degrees, by more and more,
The cloudy summits of our time.

The mighty pyramids of stone
That wedge-like cleave the desert airs,
When nearer seen, and better known,
Are but gigantic flights of stairs.
The distant mountains, that uproar
Their solid bastions to the skies,
Are crossed by pathways, that appear
As we to higher levels rise.
The heights by great men reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night."

 Success
from “The Ladder of Saint Augustine”
    To all the dreamers, the aspiring young ones, even if it takes a while to grasp that A just remember the last four lines of this poem. As a child attending primary school in Jamaica, this was drilled into our heads at an early age, we knew what was expected of us. I sincerely hope that whatever level of school you are attending, you draw from this poem and find your inner strength and potential.
     
    Similar to this poem, a song comes to mind, Natasha Beddingfield "unwritten", I saw my friend and a person I truly admire my April's Girl on Fire Nijole Young, tweeted about this song a few days ago and it was so funny because I was singing that song earlier that same day. I love this song, it sends a positive message to everyone that no one should dictate your story, your life, your decisions, you have the power to be EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!! 
    Go ahead and sing in your hairbrush like I do!!! lolol
     
    
    I will be posting September's Girl on Fire this week and please feel free to send me nominees for our monthly girl on fire feature. Is there an outstanding woman in your life or circle that influences you in a positive way? Tell me about her, lets celebrate her together!!!!
     
    Have a productive week guys!!!!
     
    NEW
     
    #Quotes for thought # soulfood #positive energy #words of empowerment
     
    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
     
    “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
     
    Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.” Walter Cronkite
     
    “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living differ from the dead.” Aristotle
     

No comments:

Post a Comment